Author Topic: CS10 - Remote Service tool  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Beezkneez

• PLUS+1 Expert
    • Trebro Turf Equipment
CS10 - Remote Service tool
« on: June 26, 2024, 05:54:34 AM »
Hello,

I was told a long time ago the CS10 was going to eventually be capable of remote service tool connections similar to the CS500. I am unsure if that ever happened but IF it did- I am curious about how many people are using it and what is their take on it? I'd like to know about performance as far as logging lag times go, and also remote download speeds.

I used CS500's in the past and was never impressed with the performance. I have not used them since fall of 2023 so it is possible that has improved some. My hope is that the CS10 remote service tool performs better with the Wi-Fi connection vs. the cellular on the CS500. Hoping someone has some insight on this.

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 07:23:51 AM by Beezkneez »

Offline Lukey

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: CS10 - Remote Service tool
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2024, 03:33:21 AM »
We've used both within the last 12 months.

I can say I was thoroughly disappointed in the capabilities/development of the CS10.
To elaborate on that I was hoping/expecting that there would already be a seamless Mobile Service Tool application file that would allow us to use the  Mobile Service Tool to tell the CS10 the wifi credential that it is to connect to, that is not the case, you either have to build that file/api yourself (very difficult) or use GUIDE to configure it, so ultimately it is not end user friendly, only good for the developers.
(In our use case wanted to have a CS10 on a mobile piece of equipment, then the end user would use their mobile device to connect to there wifi, that could be a fixed/known wifi or say their mobile hotspot, but programming it to do so is not a simple, It's not that easy it seems.)

The lag/latency was no different between the two, the thing to remember is that regardless of fiber/wifi or mobile network, the CS device still has to connect to the remote/cloud Danfoss Connect/Service tool server, then redirected to the device, so it is never a direct PC/Machine to CS connection, all traffic goes through the Danfoss server where ever that is.
If lag/latency was a concern I use (installted/on/local to the machine) a PC/Nuk with GUIDE software installed and the CG150 connection at 1mbps, then I would us a RDP/VPN connection to the PC/Nuk to work direct from machine to machine in real time.

Offline Beezkneez

• PLUS+1 Expert
    • Trebro Turf Equipment
Re: CS10 - Remote Service tool
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2024, 07:09:59 PM »
Thank you for the reply!

That is all extremely helpful info. I never thought about all of the data needing to be routed through the Danfoss server/s, so that makes perfect sense as far as lag is concerned.

I like the mini PC idea. Sounds like that might be the most reliable option for remote service tool. I had nothing but problems with the CS500 so I had hoped they improved on that some. I had high hopes for the CS10 but it sounds like everything I feared. I also found that the 24 Hour access pass that is required for a remote service tool session is not cheap.

Thanks again.