Author Topic: Parameter programming of PVEH-CC series 7.  (Read 2243 times)

Offline samuelhj

• PLUS+1 Developer
Parameter programming of PVEH-CC series 7.
« on: July 26, 2024, 07:07:56 PM »
I'm dealing with a rather annoying problem.

I have a PVEH-CC which is a canbus spool head and I can't figure out how to read the parameters for it.
The spool valve in question is 11079043.

I had a different spool valve few weeks ago that I managed to reprogram and read out the parameters but I can't for the love of my life figure this out. I remember there was an obscure way of doing this, but I'm completely at loss atm.

Offline Lukey

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: Parameter programming of PVEH-CC series 7.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2024, 12:05:57 AM »
If you're using GUIDE there should be a compliance block that you can utilise that will make use of the valve very simple.

Offline samuelhj

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2024, 10:57:17 AM »
Thanks for your reply, but I think you are misunderstanding me. I do know how to drive regular valves using any of the MCs but what I'm trying to do is to replace an old valve in a crane with a new one, and to do that I need to extract the parameters from the valve, and put those parameters into the new valve along with replacing the default node ID of 128.

The only information I seem to be able to find is about pretty old, https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://assets.danfoss.com/documents/latest/50565/AX152986483516en-000102.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiUrZyI7MaHAxVjQkEAHZbLPEAQFnoECBsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1eFK_lDPke_MKERjSGgzXp

And is using a tool before the Guide service tool was available I guess?

Offline Lukey

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2024, 01:06:13 AM »
According to that documentation you need to use the Service Tool program (not GUIDE) to read and save the parameters.

Offline samuelhj

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2024, 02:35:26 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
I ended up finding the information in the help section within the plus+1 service tool, Parameter program, I also had a lose connection on the CAN Low signal so that was something I completely missed. Not sure how I completely missed that part in the help section.

Managed to read the parameters from the old unit and transfer them to the new valve. Took me a bit of fiddling, but for anyone dealing with this in the future, (and for the future myself when I forget how I did this), if you create a new p1d file in the service tool, under parameter pages, right click and create "generate advanced parameter page" to automatically get all the parameters up. :) Can also export the parameter file as xml for easier viewing for later on, and then import it for the new valve actuator. It is slightly hectic figuring it out but at least I can now tune the parameters for the machine it's in.