Author Topic: SC024 problem Can  (Read 3511 times)

Offline macbahi

• PLUS+1 Guru
SC024 problem Can
« on: August 08, 2024, 02:54:03 PM »
Hello,

I have one SC024-120, Problem with Can-bus because in service tools I cannot see the module.

Please have-you idea what is the problem? Is there any solution?

Thanks in advance

With best regards

Offline samuelhj

• PLUS+1 Developer
Re: SC024 problem Can
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2024, 06:13:01 PM »
Can you post a picture of your setup and a screen shot of the service tool?

Looking at the datasheet, pins C1-P3 is can hi, C1-P4 is CAN lo and C1-P5 is can shield. are these connected along with Power? (C2-P11 and C2-P12, C1-p1 are power supply + and C1-P2 is ground)
Do you see the CG-150 gateway as online? If it's online, you can scan the system for ECUs by pressing F8 (or go under "system" > "Scan system")

Offline macbahi

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2024, 03:46:11 PM »
Hello Samuel,

Sorry to be late to answer you. I was in vacancy.  Thank very much for replay.

To be brief, the module in question was functional and was with one of our clients.
now using my test bench I am not able to connect with my CG150.  I also inform you that I am able to connect with another module on the same test bench.  So I think the problem  is not program or CG150 or the connection but it's really something else that I don't know.

When this module is connected I can not scan system. Here is my service tools image.
With the new SC024 is ok but when I use old SC024 is no scan system.

Thanks in advance for your help

With best regards

Offline acmall

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2024, 08:55:41 AM »
From what you describe it sounds like a problem with the unit. Assuming the function of the LED's has not been changed in the program is the green LED on? Is the red LED flashing? By default, if they have not been altered in the program, the green LED is on when the controller is running and the red LED will flash if a CAN fault is detected.

It may be a long shot but you could try recovering the controller. The option is Recover ECU in the Service Tool System menu.

Offline G30RG3

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2024, 01:25:35 PM »
There could be a hardware failure, or maybe the baudrate has been changed, the CAN high and CAN low are switched...  I would check with a scope to see what the signal looks like.

Offline Camox

• PLUS+1 Developer
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2024, 03:53:24 PM »
Hello,
We had a case where a module overloaded the CAN and made all the modules invisible when it was plugged in.

Have a nice day!

Offline macbahi

• PLUS+1 Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2024, 03:30:27 PM »
Hello guys,

Thank you very much guys to answer me.

acmall: Yes I tried to do Recover ECU but without any result.  Service tools message:  No ECU found.

G3ORG3: the baudrate in module was 250K  and now I connect with service tolls using baudrate 250K.

camox: overloaded CAN. As I told you sir in my last message I only connected one module at a time.  So I don't know overloaded CAN in my case.
                                      When I use the other module at service tools icon Busload shows 8%.

Unfortunately, so far I have not been able to resolve this issue.

Thank you very much

With best regards

Offline G30RG3

• PLUS+1 Expert
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2024, 09:26:36 AM »
My suggestion is to use a scope to check the signal with only the suspect and a termination resistor. 
Since you said earlier that the scanning becomes impossible, the device at least disturbs the CAN signals, so you should see something, good or bad, timings, deformations, ...