Author Topic: Read Extracted AppLog  (Read 1329 times)

Offline QWERTY

• PLUS+1 Novice
Read Extracted AppLog
« on: August 20, 2024, 08:45:31 PM »
Hello, I have a DM1200 Display and I recently started to use the AppLog. It can go up to 32 MB. When we extract it from the screen, we get an Excel Sheet with all the data from top to bottom. This sheet will have up to 900 000 rows when the 32 MB of the display is full. And all of those rows are one on top of the others, which is not easily readable. I started sorting the data within Excel but loading times are far too long because of the amount of data.

I wanted to know how do you go from the raw AppLog file to a more readable and friendly sheet, without having to much loading time. Do you guys stay within excel or do you extract the data elsewhere? Or maybe you have other technique that I am not aware of.

Offline Lukey

• PLUS+1 Expert
Re: Read Extracted AppLog
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2024, 06:16:04 AM »
What kind of applog data manipulation are you running/processing/doing?

I would look into Excel Scripts/Macros or VBA Macros to streamline your data manipulation if you are repeating the same processes.

Also once you have that formula/process for the data manipulation defined you could build an executable file that would auto complete your post processing requirements.